Welcome to the Kickstart Commerce podcast where we share search marketing and domain investing strategies to help grow your business.
In today's episode, our guest is Tieshun Roquerre — the CEO of Namebase.io, the premier domain registrar built on top of the new DNS protocol Handshake.
Today Tieshun and I dive deep into:
- How engineering a platform to hawk t-shirts led him to drop out of high school at the age of 16.
- Tieshun also shares how he and a partner were accepted into the Y Combinator after launching a recruiting startup for software engineering teams to grow via employee referrals.
- In addition, we discuss the inner workings, and challenges of birthing Namebase.io only weeks before receiving a $100,000 Thiel Fellowship grant, yet a few months after dropping out of MIT.
- We also chat about the origins of Handshake, and how both decentralized and centralized web ecosystems could possibly coexist.
- And last but not least, Tieshun drops nothing but nuggets about the Handshake domain auction process, including the pros and cons of becoming a registry versus a Handshake domain owner/developer as well as other use cases.