Welcome to the Kickstart Commerce podcast where we share search marketing and domain investing strategies to help grow your business.
In today's episode, our guest is Zak Muscovitch — a Canadian intellectual property lawyer, Founder and Publisher of Domain Name Law Reports, and General Counsel at the Internet Commerce Association (also known as the ICA).
Today Zak and I discuss:
- How Zak got his start in Internet and domain name law writing about the future of Internet commerce taxation.
- Zak then talks about his first domain name law experience, including the backstory of Toronto2.com and a few other key UDRPs — Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy.
- And of course, we discuss whether or not Zak invests in domain names.
- Zak and I discuss what domain investors should do to protect themselves from UDRP, what to do when facing a UDRP, and the likelihood of domain investors having to fight a UDRP.
- And last but not least, Zak shares the latest changes with the ICA as well as addressing the top pressing priorities on the horizon for the ICA.