Welcome to the Kickstart Commerce podcast where we share search marketing and domain investing strategies to help grow your business.
In today's episode, our guest is Steven Tey — a developer and founder of Elegance.ai, formerly known as OneWord.Domains.
Today Steven and I discuss:
- How pursuing education in Malaysia landed him in the United States, having recently graduated a double major in branding and data science from Minerva.
- We then discuss how a simple prototype to take the top 10,000 most commonly used English words and pair them with popular non .com domain extensions led to the birth of OneWord.Domains.
- And if that wasn’t enough, Steven shares his lighting-in-a-bottle moment of OneWord.Domains going viral via ProductHunt and Hacker News.
- Steven also shares how he used OneWord.Domains to discover and launch his next business ideas, Elegance.ai and Recurrence.app.
- Last but not least, Steven gives us a glimpse of what is on the horizon for him personally and professionally.