Welcome to the Kickstart Commerce podcast where we share search marketing and domain investing strategies to help grow your business.
In today's episode, our guest is Bill McClure — a long-time entrepreneur and a 20-plus year domain veteran.
Today Bill and I discuss:
- His entrepreneurial roots and 35 years of experience in owning and operating the family’s funeral and insurance businesses
- We also discuss how exiting multiple family businesses positioned Bill to invest in a Florida-based stainless steel manufacturer, a flower import operation, and a tele-flower company later known as eFlowers.com that was sold to FTD in the early 2000s.
- Bill then highlights the invaluable relationships as well as the good, the bad, and ugly pertaining to his domain investing journey that dates back to the mid-1990s.
- Bill shares why and how he arrived at his sweet spot of buying domains in the $5k to $20k range, having made purchases at or well above the $100K mark — like the Coffee.org purchase story.
- And last but not least, as if Bill needed one more thing to do, Bill unveils how he and partners are conquering the world of portable restrooms with high-end products and services branded as Royal Thrones.