Welcome to the Kickstart Commerce podcast where we share search marketing and domain investing strategies to help grow your business.
In today's episode, our guest is Jonathan “JT” Tenenbaum — Host and Executive Producer of DomainSherpa.com, and Chief Operating and Officer and General Counsel of MediaOptions.com.
Today JT and I discuss:
- How he went from spitting bars by night to passing the bar by day, and how a background in legal landed him into legal and operational roles in the domain industry.
- Next, we discuss how Media Options is expanding beyond domain names to the all-encompassing umbrella of digital assets.
- JT shares his vision for how DomainSherpa will expand its programming from interviews and Sherpa reviews to a broader network of topics — NFTs, Crypto, Sports, and more.
- We then discuss the parallels between the buying and selling of domains and the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs.
- We also talk a bit about sports, money, and life lessons.
- Last but not least, JT explains why I’m still awaiting a NameJet t-shirt to be delivered to my doorstep.